B. Riley Financial is a publicly traded, diversified financial services company which takes a collaborative approach to the capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals.
Headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in major U.S. financial markets, the firm consists of over 200 professionals whose cross-platform expertise is mobilized to provide a myriad of financial solutions. Its wholly-owned subsidiaries include:
- B. Riley & Co., LLC (B. RILEY), a FINRA-licensed broker dealer
- Great American Group, LLC (GA), provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, commercial lending, and real estate advisory services
- B. Riley Capital Management, LLC, a SEC-registered investment advisor includes B. Riley Asset Management, a provider of investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management, a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm focused on the needs of ultra-high net worth individuals and families; and Great American Capital Partners, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies.
- FBR & Co. (FBR), a leading investment bank and brokerage firm
- Wunderlich Securities, a registered broker/dealer and Registered Investment Advisor, provides wealth management services to individuals and families, corporations and non-profit organizations, including qualified retirement plans, trusts, endowments and foundations.
- B. Riley Principal Investments, focuses on investing in or acquiring companies and corporate assets that present attractive cash-flow driven returns
B. Riley Financial
Acquires FBR & Co.
Acquires Wunderlich Securities
Acquires United Online, Inc.
Acquires MK Capital Advisors, now B. Riley Capital Management to establish wealth management group
Launches Great American Capital Partners to provide not traditional dept opportunities
RILY stock listed on NASDAQ
Privately-held B. Riley & Co. LLC and publicly traded Great America Group, Inc. combine to form a uniquely positioned and diversified financial services firm.
B. Riley & Co., LLC
B. RILEY launches B. Riley Asset Management, its affiliated investment advisor.
B. RILEY acquires Caris & Co, an institutional brokerage and investment bank focused on mid and large cap public equities.
B. RILEY makes strategic investment in National Holdings, a publicly traded retail brokerage founded in 1947 with a network of 700 reps representing 39,000 accounts.
B. RILEY significantly expands its equity research and institutional sales group.
B. RILEY launches a single fee fund of hedge funds.
B. RILEY provides introducing prime brokerage and capital introduction services.
B. RILEY expands into investment banking.
B. RILEY launches affiliated investment advisor Riley Investment Management, LLC and activist hedge fund Riley Investment Partners, LP.
Bryant Riley founds B. RILEY as an institutional brokerage providing proprietary research and trading to the Buyside, with a focus on thinly traded small cap stocks.
Great American Group, Inc.
GA’s valuation practice increases presence in energy sector with expansion of team in Texas.
GA acquires a real estate transactional and advisory services team.
GA becomes a publicly listed company.
GA expands its service offering again to include commercial lending.
GA’s valuation practice expands capabilities into heavy mobile equipment and metals sectors.
GA’s valuation practice adds intellectual property valuations to its suite of services.
GA’s valuation practice grows to include machinery and equipment appraisals.
GA deepens and refines its understanding of asset values by adding a new service offering – inventory appraisal.
The two entities co-market their services creating a comprehensive asset disposition firm, Great American Group (GA).
Wholesale and industrial auctions gain traction in the marketplace.
Gary Mintz pioneers the retail liquidation industry.