B. Riley Financial is a publicly traded, diversified financial services company which takes a collaborative approach to the capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals.
Headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in major U.S. financial markets, the firm consists of over 900 employees whose cross-platform expertise is mobilized to provide a myriad of financial solutions. Its wholly-owned subsidiaries include:
- B. Riley FBR, Inc. (B. Riley FBR), a FINRA-licensed broker dealer
- Great American Group, LLC (GA), provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, commercial lending, and real estate advisory services
- B. Riley Capital Management, LLC, a SEC-registered investment advisor includes B. Riley Asset Management, a provider of investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management, a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm focused on the needs of ultra-high net worth individuals and families; and Great American Capital Partners, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies.
- Wunderlich Securities, a registered broker/dealer and Registered Investment Advisor, provides wealth management services to individuals and families, corporations and non-profit organizations, including qualified retirement plans, trusts, endowments and foundations.
- B. Riley Principal Investments, focuses on investing in or acquiring companies and corporate assets that present attractive cash-flow driven returns
B. Riley Financial
Combines its two broker-dealers, B. Riley & Co. and FBR Capital Markets & Co., forming B. Riley FBR, Inc.
Acquires FBR & Co.
Acquires Wunderlich Securities
Acquires United Online, Inc.
Acquires MK Capital Advisors, now B. Riley Capital Management to establish wealth management group
Launches Great American Capital Partners to provide non traditional debt opportunities
RILY stock listed on NASDAQ
Privately-held B. Riley & Co. LLC and publicly traded Great American Group, Inc. combine to form a uniquely positioned and diversified financial services firm.
B. Riley FBR, Inc.
B. Riley & Co. launches B. Riley Asset Management, its affiliated investment advisor.
FBR launches securities lending business
B. Riley & Co. acquires Caris & Co.
FBR celebrates 25th anniversary
FBR expands into healthcare and technology practices
B. Riley & Co. makes strategic investment in National Holdings
B. Riley & Co. significantly expands its equity research and institutional sales group.
B. Riley & Co. launches a single fee fund of hedge funds.
FBR acquires AFBA 5star funds operations
FBR launches equity-linked/high yield/debt capital markets servicesFBR launches equity-linked/high yield/debt capital markets services
B. Riley & Co. introduces prime brokerage and capital introduction services.
B. Riley & Co. expands into investment banking.
FBR completes largest IPO of the year, FBR/FBR Asset merger in a $450MM follow on equity offering
B. Riley & Co. launches affiliated investment advisor Riley Investment Management, LLC and activist hedge fund Riley Investment Partners, LP.
Bryant Riley founds B. Riley & Co., LLC as an institutional brokerage providing proprietary research and trading to the Buyside, with a focus on thinly traded small cap stocks.
FBR Asset Founded: Created FBR Technology Venture Partners L.P.
FBR goes public
FBR announces FBR Family of Funds
FBR launches first Investor Conference
Great American Group, Inc.
GA’s valuation practice increases presence in energy sector with expansion of team in Texas.
GA acquires a real estate transactional and advisory services team.
GA becomes a publicly listed company.
GA expands its service offering again to include commercial lending.
GA’s valuation practice expands capabilities into heavy mobile equipment and metals sectors.
GA’s valuation practice adds intellectual property valuations to its suite of services.
GA’s valuation practice grows to include machinery and equipment appraisals.
GA deepens and refines its understanding of asset values by adding a new service offering – inventory appraisal.
The two entities co-market their services creating a comprehensive asset disposition firm, Great American Group (GA).
Wholesale and industrial auctions gain traction in the marketplace.
Gary Mintz pioneers the retail liquidation industry.