B. Riley FBR has an immediate opening for a Senior Analyst in its Los Angeles headquarters. This position requires a minimum of 2 years in a sell-side equity research analyst role.
As part of B. Riley FBR’s Discovery Group, the Senior Analyst will be tasked to rapidly initiate and maintain coverage of 15 small cap public equities. You will construct financial models and generate company specific research reports that will be supported by conclusions gathered through the fundamental research and due diligence process. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be expected to maintain active dialogue with C-Suite executives and will communicate investment ideas to institutional clients and our sales force.
- Conduct fundamental analysis to develop investment ideas on public companies
- Build financial models and forecasts to assess health and growth prospects
- Conduct valuation exercises to derive price targets for equities
- Write and publish company initiation reports to support valuation and investment recommendations
- Stay abreast on coverage names/ industry and publish timely research updates
- Communicate investment recommendations to and field questions from internal sales force and institutional clients
- Research and prospect small cap equities for coverage
- Solicit meetings and build relationships with C-level executives
Required Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience as sell-side equity research analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Exceptional financial analysis and modeling skills, with a strong understanding of financial statements and common valuation techniques
- An ability to clearly and concisely articulate investment ideas verbally and in written reports
- A passion for investing/equity research and motivation to excel independently
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 licenses
- CFA charter
About B. Riley FBR, Inc.
B. Riley FBR, Inc. is a leading investment bank which provides corporate finance, research and sales and trading to corporate, institutional and high net worth individual clients. Investment banking services include initial secondary and follow-on offerings, institutional private placements and merger and acquisitions advisory services. The firm is nationally recognized for its highly ranked proprietary equity research.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:RILY), through its subsidiaries, provides collaborative financial services and solutions to the capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley FBR, Inc., Wunderlich Securities, Inc., Great American Group, LLC, B. Riley Capital Management, LLC (which includes B. Riley Asset Management, B. Riley Wealth Management, and Great American Capital Partners, LLC) and B. Riley Principal Investments, a group that makes proprietary investments in other businesses, such as the acquisition of United Online, Inc.
To apply for this position, please click here.