Job Title: Operations Specialist
Department/Location: Institutional Operations / New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides operations assistance and support to all branches and departments within B. Riley FBR’s Institutional business and limited areas of the Retail business. Responsible for ensuring the timely, accurate, and efficient processing of transactions, while mitigating risk associated with the transactions.
- Acts as liaison between traders, salespeople, branches, internal departments, clearing firms and clients.
- Interacts maturely and effectively with traders, salespeople, branches, internal departments, clearing firms and clients.
- Reconcile trade and position discrepancies across multiple trading applications and the firm’s clearing firm
- Handles trade maintenance.
- Canceling and correcting trades if needed;
- SPO Charges and Factor Changes;
- Confirming trades through verbal and electronic communication;
- Allocation of block customer trades to sub-accounts.
- Monitors trade breaks with clearing agents.
- Handle trade DK’s and monitors fails.
- Investigate and resolves trade inquiries.
- Provides real-time assistance to the clearing firm on inquiries related to orders.
- Processes financial transactions, such as the receipt and delivery of securities, including restricted and physical securities, accurately and efficiently in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Open and maintain customer accounts following the written Institutional New Account Opening Procedures.
- Inputs, compiles, analyze, and summarize various types of data and reports including sales and commission data. Provides Finance / Accounting with information relating to commission amounts and originating brokers. Reconcile adjustments and entries in accordance with firm policies and procedures.
- Prepares various other types of correspondence and management reports using Word, Excel, and other necessary software.
- Works with management to develop efficiencies and manage risk within assigned tasks.
- Maintains a secure area of Operations for Compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 3 years of Brokerage Industry experience related to securities, operation or compliance.
- Series 99 license required. Series 7 license preferred.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness with the ability to monitor one’s own work and ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Strong time management and organization skills. Must be able to set proper priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service skills to meet external and internal customer needs promptly. Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential data
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
To apply, please click here.
About B. Riley FBR, Inc.
B. Riley FBR, Inc. is a leading investment bank which provides corporate finance, research and sales and trading to corporate, institutional and high net worth individual clients. Investment banking services include initial secondary and follow-on offerings, institutional private placements and merger and acquisitions advisory services. The firm is nationally recognized for its highly ranked proprietary equity research.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:RILY), through its subsidiaries, provides collaborative financial services and solutions to the capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley FBR, Inc., Wunderlich Securities, Inc., Great American Group, LLC, B. Riley Capital Management, LLC (which includes B. Riley Asset Management, B. Riley Wealth Management, and Great American Capital Partners, LLC) and B. Riley Principal Investments, a group that makes proprietary investments in other businesses, such as the acquisition of United Online, Inc.