We are seeking a full-time Research Associate immediately to work in our Arlington, Virginia office within the Financial Institutions Group.
The Research Associate is responsible, under direct supervision, for data collection, statistical studies, and research for individual companies and their securities, within their specified industry. The role of the Research Associate is to develop the techniques and skills necessary for investment analysis and research of securities.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively works to gain knowledge within the specified sector. Performs general research duties for senior team members. Monitors specific companies and informs analysts of important developments.
- Participates in meetings and calls with clients on the stocks under coverage. Responsible for filling information requests from clients and sales force regarding individual securities or industry groups.
- Prepares draft research reports and briefs.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of models.
- Participates in firm activities, committees or task forces and recruiting efforts as well as external/industry related events and organizations as appropriate.