We are seeking a full-time Appraisal Accounting Manager immediately to work in our Woodland Hills, CA office.
On a daily basis, the Accounting Manager is responsible for billing and invoicing primarily for the valuation advisory business as well as providing financial and operational analytics. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the VP, Assistant Controller and SVP Controller to ensure quality records are maintained. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, proactive and possess sound communications skills and who can successfully interact with a wide variety of audiences (i.e. Project Leads, MD’s and clients etc.), all while working in a fast-paced environment. This position is based in the B. Riley Woodland Hills or Westlake Village Corporate offices and will report directly to the VP, Assistant Controller
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide monthly financial analytics and other key data metrics as needed by accounting and finance and operations.
- On a monthly basis, prepare the reconciliation of monthly revenue in CRM / PM Plus to revenue in Netsuite.
- Prepare quarterly distribution schedules to partner on a timely basis. Provide support to accounting so these are recorded timely and accurately in the monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for reviewing and coding of invoices to the proper general ledger accounts in Netsuite and providing invoices to accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Assist accounting department as needed in the preparation of business license, property tax, apportionment workpapers, and other indirect tax matters.
- Assist accounting and operations with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Provide assistance with financial and operational analytics as requested by management.
Invoices / Billing Clients
- Prepare/Approve billing worksheets on a timely basis for appraisal reports issued.
- Ensure that invoices are sent to clients in a timely manner in accordance with established invoicing practices.
- Identify billings during the current month that should be recorded as deferred revenue at month-end since report was held and not delivered prior to month-end.
- Prepare and follow-up on deposit invoices and receipt of deposit payments.
Accounts Receivable / Collections
- At month-end, provide Assistant Controller analysis of potential uncollectible accounts and all accounts that are aged 180 days or older. This analysis should include notes on the status of collection efforts reflecting input from business development officers (“BDO’s) as needed.
- Monitor accounts receivable collections and, in some instances, assist the BDO’s in the collection of invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Five plus (5+) years of professional accounting experience that demonstrates strong knowledge of revenue accounting cycle and accounting systems.
- Experience with NetSuite or comparable accounting systems preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Excel skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of routine and process-oriented work while exercising considerable attention to detail.
- Must be a team player with excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Individual should be deadline driven and possess ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Requires the ability to work overtime during the month-end close process and special projects as needed.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.