We are seeking a full-time Support Desk Analyst I to work in our Memphis, TN office.
The Support Desk Analyst I will be responsible for building, shipping, and inventory control of desktop and laptop computers. This individual will test new models, troubleshoot, and follow up on incidents related to hardware and software compatibility. The successful candidate will enjoy working with customers at all levels, be amicable, and have excellent communication skills. The individual will be able to work independently with little supervision and will have the ability to take on various projects. This individual will work on the Support Desk team within B. Riley Financial, Inc. at our Memphis branch and report to the Support Desk Manager.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer builds: Software and Hardware
- Inventory management
- Toner replacement
- Equipment deployment
- Office moves
- Bench test new models, software and hardware compatibility.
- Completes any other duties as may be assigned by the CIO or SD Manager.
- Work with other support desk staff to learn customer support role.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Associates degree in Computer Sciences or related field preferred.
- Technical Support certifications from CompTIA(A+ and Net+).
- Up to 1-year related work experience in technical support.
- Ability to understand various technical areas, hardware and software related to the operation of a Service Desk, e.g. FootPrints Ticketing, TeamViewer.
- Ability to understand various technical environments within the enterprise including desktop architecture, Windows OS, Office 2013/2016 and Office 365.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels to include internal and external users.
- Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to perform under pressure and experience handling escalated issues.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must set high standards and have integrity.
- A strong desire to learn and a willingness to take on new challenges
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.