We are seeking a full-time VP, Treasury to work in our Woodland Hills, CA office.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this dynamic position is responsible for a number of critical functions that will assist in enhancing the capital financing opportunities, utilization, and reporting of cash across the various B. Riley operating businesses.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the Company’s cash collection and disbursement procedures and daily positioning and reporting activities.
- Explore and pursue bank borrowing and non-bank financing alternatives for parent and operating subsidiaries.
- Forecast cash requirements and cash position through analysis of budgetary needs and financial reports.
- Develop strategies to optimize cash position of the company.
- Assist in negotiating and executing financing transactions as needed, including bank facilities, debt financing, lenders, documentation review and covenants.
- Supervise receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Facilitate banking relationships and optimize banking transactional fees.
- Evaluate and monitor Company credit profile for rating agency implications.
- Manages overall treasury function.
- Deliver timely cash position and forecast reporting
- Pursues potential borrowing alternatives for Company and its subsidiaries
- Maximizes interest earning assets at optimal interest rates.
- Ensures liquidity is available to meet short term cash needs.
- Manages reporting under debt agreement and ensure compliance with debt covenants.
- Manages interest rate and foreign exchange risk.
- Prepares short- and long-term cash forecasts.
- Evaluates bank services and related fees.
- Ensures compliance with all current company and accounting guidelines.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, communications or other relevant discipline. An MBA with concentration in finance would be advantageous, although comparable work experience is acceptable.
- Minimum of 5 years of broad-reaching, finance and cash management experience. A combination of experience in investment banking/finance would also be acceptable. CPA or CFA highly desirable, CTP preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills, a solid foundation in capital markets, a mastery of financial and investment terminology, and expertise in building models and stock valuation.
- Prior experience with high-level responsibilities and executive contacts is desired, along with a demonstrated understanding and communication of complex business issues and market dynamics.
- Strong technical background in cash management and treasury. Treasury workstation experience a plus.
- Specific knowledge of currency markets, hedging and economic principles.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions within the organization. Must also show the ability to identify and resolve problems with sound and accurate judgment.
- Excellent financial analysis, analytical, organizational and project management skills.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.