Company: Great American Group Advisory & Valuation Services, LLC
Great American Group® (GA) is a leading provider of valuation, advisory and disposition services. GA works with the nation’s leading retail companies, wholesale and industrial firms, banks, private equity firms, and professional service firms. GA’s Advisory & Valuation Services Division provides our clients with independent appraisals in connection with financing as well as merger and acquisition services.
Corporate Advisory & Valuation Services (CAVS) is a group within GA’s Valuation and Appraisal Services Division that specializes in enterprise, intangible asset, and tangible asset valuations. CAVS’s valuation conclusions are utilized in support of financial reporting requirements, lending decisions, tax reporting requirements, fairness and solvency opinions, and litigation. Great American Group has offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and New York.
Available Position: Analyst/Associate, Tangible Asset Valuation – Chicago Office
The position of Analyst/Associate, Tangible works within the Corporate Advisory & Valuation Services division of GA. Opportunity to assist with personal property and machinery & equipment valuations and report directly to the CAVS Director in Chicago.
• Participating in due diligence activities on pending M&A transactions, private and public-company financial reporting and tax valuations, domestic and international restructurings, financing, property tax consulting and dispute advisory services.
• Preparing valuation models for various types of machinery and personal property asset classes
• Performing market research for various industries to estimate replacement costs, fair value, and liquidation value estimates
• Supporting useful lives and depreciation techniques for all types of machinery and equipment
• Assisting in report preparation, proposals and executive presentations
Prerequisite Education and Skills
• Experience with valuation-related projects within an audit, tax, and advisory firm preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited college/university
• Knowledge of the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid research and analytical skills, and the ability to work well both autonomously and in a team environment
Travel required, up to 40%.
GA will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must submit a resume to be considered.