Corporate Advisory & Valuation Services (CAVS) is a group within Great American Group’s Valuation and Appraisal Services Division that specializes in enterprise and intangible asset valuations. CAVS’s valuation conclusions are required in support of financial reporting requirements, lending decisions, tax reporting requirements, fairness and solvency opinions, and litigation.
CAVS is seeking an Analyst in Dallas TX, Los Angeles CA, or Chicago IL. Valuation Analysts work on a variety of assignments, including intellectual property valuations, business enterprise valuations, purchase price allocations, business unit and asset impairment valuations, and equity and debt securities valuations. Successful candidates will be analytical self-starters who embrace the academic and pragmatic elements of valuation in the context of transactions. In addition, they will enjoy an entrepreneurial and collegial environment where passion for learning about new business models and industries will be rewarded.
Analysts can expect to engage in both the qualitative as well as the quantitative aspects of valuation assignments, specifically:
- Perform in-depth company, industry, market, economic, and competitor research.
- Gather data pertinent to the engagement through public and proprietary data research, and direct client interaction.
- Prepare written communications of both qualitative and quantitative research results in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and manipulate financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiples, and market transaction analyses.
Education, Experience and Skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or related field, with sufficient accounting course work from an accredited college or university.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- A basic understanding of financial valuation theory, methodologies, and applications.
- Strong analytical abilities paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional work ethic with the ability to master new tasks quickly.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments simultaneously, and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.