Great American is seeking a Managing Director to work remote.
The Managing Director manages and directs the sales and product execution for their region. Managing Director (MD) will institute and execute daily sales strategy & activity for both the position as well as revenue producing subordinates. MD is responsible for leading, executing and delivery of challenging valuation engagements by participating in, or having sound awareness of, all aspects of projects, from the initial proposal preparation, through project completion and sign-off. In this role, the MD is actively engaged in the management of business valuation assignments and managing staff in the development of such assignments. In addition, the MD will be charged with assisting with business development activities of other revenue producing employees both in and outside their reporting division.
MD is a position of leadership within our CAVS practice and will provide experienced sales & valuation leadership and maintain advanced specialized knowledge of appraisal & valuation procedures. Oversee the timely and accurate completion of high-quality deliverables. Provides excellent customer service to clients, business development officers and interdivisional relationships either directly or through subordinate employees, including frequent communication of complex information and interactions with company management.
The MD will oversee the training, development, mentoring and regular monitoring of subordinate employee’s sales and operations performance. Resolves conflicts and addresses sensitive situations. Motivates and influences others. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in management of all activities under their direct management. Duties have a significant financial impact of potentially hundreds of millions of dollars on client companies and lending institutions, as well materially impact the profitability of the group at large.
- Institute and execute daily regional sales strategy & activity for the position as well as revenue producing subordinates
- Work with the team to develop and execute platform-wide sales and marketing initiatives
- Provides high level quality control and appraisal review
- Develops annual budgets; Is responsible for management of regional income statement
- Regularly exercises discretionary judgment of job responsibilities crucial to the well-being and profitability of the Company and its clients
- Oversees personnel matter recommendations including promotions, raises, discipline, hiring and firing
- Assists managers with client issues, human resources and office liaison
- Oversees and assists with client communication
- Oversees performance reviews and training
- Communicates effectively with outside representatives which may include client companies, PEGs, lenders, etc
- Communicates effectively with internal contacts throughout the B Riley platform
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 5+ years of proven business development/sales experience with minimum of $1.0MM booked annually
- 12+ years of business valuation experience
- Significant experience in business and intangible asset valuations required
- Prior experience in financial reporting valuation and appraisal review
- CPA, CFA, AM, ASA or other valuation industry credentials preferred
- Proven relationship development and sales skills
- Capable of effectively leading a team of valuation professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.