Areas of Expertise
- Asset Management
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Cash Flow Projections
- Crisis Management
- Expert Witness
- Financial Advisor
- Interim Management
- Section 363 Sale
- Real Estate
- Financial advisor to the Debtor in Cred, Inc., the first major U.S. crypto-currency Ch. 11 case
- Expert witness on behalf of the bondholders in Pioneer Energy Services
- Financial advisor to Watson Valve after its tragic facility explosion
- Interim CFO to a consumer finance business
- Manager for a publicly-traded, global provider of integrated energy systems and
- BA University of Texas
- MBA Rice University
- 13 Years of Relevant Experience
Frank Cottrell is a proven turnaround and restructuring professional with more than 10 years of successful operational experience in organizations ranging from private equity-backed portfolio companies to public entities. His industry experience includes energy, manufacturing, oilfield services, offshore/subsea, construction, government contracting, engineering, consumer services, RTO, financial services, tort litigation, education, retail, medical, technology, crypto-currency and real estate.
Mr. Cottrell specializes in middle-market, debtor-side engagements and has experience in merger integration and capital raising. Prior to joining B. Riley Advisory Services in 2021, Frank was a Director for MACCO Restructuring Group, a middle-market restructuring financial advisory firm in Houston.
Frank received his bachelor's degree in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin and earned his MBA from Rice University. Having spent part of his childhood growing up in Chile, Frank is a native Spanish speaker.