LEVERAGE THE POWER OF A PERSONAL TAX TEAM
Our tax professionals at B. Riley Wealth Tax Services can work with you to implement well-thought-out financial strategies that minimize tax liabilities for both individuals and businesses. Let a B. Riley Wealth tax professional help you minimize your tax burden and proactively plan to manage tax liabilities in the future.
Expiring Enhancements Impacting the 2022 Tax Year:
- Child Tax Credit has returned to 2020 rules, with the credit at $2000 per child under 17.
- Child & Dependent Care Credit is back to old rules with the maximum expenses of $3000 for one dependent under 13 or a disabled dependent of any age and a max of $6000 in expenses for more than one child with credit from 20% to 35% based on income (the credit is nonrefundable).
- Earned Income Credit has returned to pre-2021 rules. An eligible individual must be at least 25 years old and under age 65 to qualify and meet all the old rules, including AGI requirements and investment income limit of $10,300 or less.
- Above the line Charitable Contribution deductions have expired. Charitable contributions can no longer be deducted unless the taxpayer itemizes.
2022 Tax Tidbits:
- Tax brackets are slightly higher for 2022 than they were in 2021.
- Standard deductions have increased for 2022.
- Tax rates on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends did not change for 2022, but the income thresholds to qualify for various rates increased.
- Implementation of Form 1099K has been delayed until 2024. Form 1099-K tracks business transactions utilizing third-party payment systems such as Venmo.
- Clean Energy tax credits for homeowners -- qualifying purchases could be eligible for a 30% tax credit, up to $14,000.
- Eligible filers who purchased qualified electric vehicle in 2022 could be eligible for a credit up to $7,500.
Tax Planning and Preparation
An experienced and strategic tax partner can empower you to see your full financial picture, keep more of what you earn and help grow your net worth over time.
Dedicated B. Riley Wealth tax professionals are available to help you with a tax return, or to address more complex needs that call for a total tax management plan that integrates our tax expertise with comprehensive financial advice. We help you prepare a tax and wealth management playbook that can evolve with, and position you, to respond to changes in the market as well as in life's transitions.
Our tax professionals keep up with qualified designations, ensuring you will be provided with the expertise needed in the face of ever-changing federal and state tax laws.
Our Areas of Focus Include:
- Tax Planning
- Tax Preparation
- Sales Tax
- Estate Planning & Legacy Creation
Tax Services Locations
2875 NE 191st Street, Suite 601
Aventura, FL 33180
2424 N Federal Highway, Suite 408
Boca Raton, FL 33431
10115 W. Sample Rd.
Coral Springs, FL 33065
3301 Bonita Beach Rd., Suite 203
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
2901 W. Busch Blvd, Suite 900
Tampa, FL 33618
10 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
2050 Eastchester Rd
Bronx, NY 10461
500 Portion Road
Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
181 East Jericho Turnpike
Mineola, NY 11501
484 Temple Hill Road
New Windsor, NY 12553
299 Park Avenue, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10171
11 Raymond Avenue
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Tax and accounting services offered through B. Riley Wealth Tax Services, Inc.
B. Riley Wealth Tax Services representatives may provide securities and variable insurance products offered through B. Riley Wealth Management, member FINRA/SIPC; fee-based advisory services offered through B. Riley Wealth Advisors, an SEC-registered investment adviser; and fixed insurance products offered through B. Riley Wealth Insurance.