We are seeking a full-time Investment Banking, Vice President to work in our Arlington, VA office. The Vice President will work closely with senior bankers to execute transactions and/or advisory assignments on behalf of the Firm’s clients. The Vice President plays a critical role in the deal team, which includes direct contact with clients and buyers, while also working on new business development opportunities. The successful candidate will provide analytical, quantitative and process support for the team.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists senior management in searching for new investment banking business. Leads the financial analysis of client businesses including the development of financial models.
- Proven leadership skills and confidence. Demonstrates sensitivity to clients’ objectives and constraints and is able to identify and help create business opportunities. Actively developing good negotiation skills
- Knowledgeable in several banking coverage and/or product areas
- Manage the diligence process from end to end in both sell and buy-side transactions
- Responsible for organizing and taking the lead at client meetings for the purpose of completing due diligence, preparing all paperwork required and producing all other written materials
- Lead the drafting of all transactional material (CIMs, teasers, process letters)
- Participates in road show presentations, assisting company’s management to market to potential investors, brokers and dealers to facilitate the securities offering
- Functions well as a team leader, delegating responsibility appropriately and training and developing team members by instruction, involvement and example. The VP ensures that team members are evaluated and coached toward firm performance standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey complex ideas in a persuasive manner. Comfortable in making client presentations. Ability to write in a convincing, thoughtful and thorough manner.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree (preferably in finance, business or mathematics) with outstanding academic performance that demonstrates strong analytical background and quantitative skills. MBA or CFA highly preferred.
- Five or more years of direct work experience in Investment Banking or equivalent in private equity, corporate development, and or/ consulting
- Outstanding competence in financial modeling, valuation and financial analysis
- The VP should also be well-versed in leading and executing engagement without significant guidance from Managing Directors
- Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals
- The ideal candidate should possess exceptional client and business development skills
- Experience managing due diligence process in M&A transactions
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 79 and 63 licenses are required and employment at investment banks as a mid-level associate.
- In-depth Understanding of the fundamentals of accounting and financial statement analysis, and hands on experience with financial modeling and corporate valuation analysis
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate complex concepts
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiastic team player
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.