Great American is seeking an Appraiser to work remote.
The Appraiser works within the machinery & equipment appraisal division of Great American Group. This division performs appraisals of various companies for its clients and delivers appraisal reports as the finished product. The assets being appraised are fixed assets (not real estate or inventory). The clients use these appraisal reports to do things such as make lending decisions or to satisfy accounting requirements. The companies that are the subject of the appraisals are typically manufacturers or service providers. The clients are primarily lenders but include private equity groups or even the subject companies.
The Appraiser will typically have several years of appraisal work experience. The Appraiser is expected to have good working knowledge in, at least, the more common categories of manufacturing equipment. Additionally, the Appraiser will have significant travel expectations. The Appraiser is expected to lead projects from a valuation standpoint and delegate responsibilities amongst Appraisers on their project team.
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines throughout the appraisal process.
- Responsible for the inspection and valuation of Machinery & Equipment in general practice.
- Conduct site visits to gather and record asset information by means of written or dictated documentation and photographs.
- Research to include contacting OEMs, used machinery dealers, auctioneers and/or distributors to obtain the additional detailed information regarding the subject assets including acquisition costs, replacement cost, age of equipment, and technical specification.
- Review their own work for accuracy and will be subject to peer project reviews, leading to error-free valuation results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High school diploma, related vocational and/or technical training required, undergraduate degree preferred
- ASA or CEA Designation preferred
- Minimum three years performing machinery and equipment appraisals and related activities
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Detail-oriented, accuracy, ability to effectively manage time, and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficient computer skills to include, Microsoft Office applications, as well as other office software products in a Windows environment
- Proficiency with Internet use and website application
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, in a collaborative manner with project team and properly communicate progress and status
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have understanding of basic safety procedures in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of the basics of a variety of manufacturing processes
- Ability to function in high-pressure situations
- Correctable vision and hearing
- Ability to bend and stoop
- Ability to adjust to environmental changes related to subject industry and place of business
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.