We are seeking a full-time Senior Appraiser to work remote.
The Senior Appraiser works within the machinery & equipment appraisal division of Great American Group. This division performs appraisals of various companies for its clients, and delivers appraisal reports as the finished product. The assets being appraised are fixed assets (not real estate or inventory). The clients use these appraisal reports to do things such as make lending decisions or to satisfy accounting requirements. The companies that are the subject of the appraisals are typically manufacturers or service providers. The clients are primarily lenders but include private equity groups or even the subject companies.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Senior Appraiser is responsible for mentoring their direct reports to bring them from their current level up to the next by providing guidance related to inspection protocol, research sources, and valuation techniques.
- May review the work of Associate Appraisers and Appraisers.
- Conducts site visits to gather and records asset information by means of written documentation and photographs.
- Records information gathered at the site and transcribes the information in approved GA appraisal report format, typically using a voice recorder to create a file to submit to GA’s transcription service.
- Contact OEMs, used machinery dealers, and distributors to obtain the additional detailed information regarding the subject assets including acquisition costs, replacement cost, age of equipment, and technical specification. This information is used to assign value to the assets.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High school diploma, related vocational and/or technical training preferred
- 4-5 years’ experience as an Appraiser
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Detail-oriented, accuracy, ability to effectively manage time, and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficient computer skills to include, Microsoft Office applications, as well as other office software products in a Windows environment
- Proficiency with Internet use and website application
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- In-depth knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with ability to use in varied situations
- Must have understanding of basic safety procedures in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of the basics of a variety of manufacturing processes
- Ability to function in high-pressure situations
- Correctable vision and hearing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to bend and stoop
- Ability to adjust to environmental changes related to subject industry and place of business
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.