Areas of Expertise
- Complex Data Preservations
- Computer Forensics
- Data Breaches
- Data Recovery
- Digital Investigations
- Expert Witness
- Fraud Investigation
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation Support
- Financial Institutions
- Led an investigation and served as a computer forensic expert for a financial services corporation regarding theft of confidential information and conspiracy to redirect revenue
- Led an investigation and served as a computer forensic expert for a financial services company regarding the recovery of deleted data, file meta data and file deletion/destruction activity
- Led an investigation and served as a computer forensic expert for a large technology company regarding theft of proprietary technology relating to virtual reality
- Led an investigation and served as a computer forensic expert for a large government contractor regarding the unauthorized access of their corporate network and theft of highly sensitive radar technology
- BA Criminal Justice, University of Maryland
- 2 Years with Firm
- 32 Years of Relevant Experience
Eric Mazur is a Senior Managing Director with B. Riley Advisory Services and is located in Washington, DC. Mazur has more than 30 years of experience working in both the Government and Private Sectors, specializing in computer digital forensic investigations, complex data collections, eDiscovery consulting and expert witness services.
He has extensive experience conducting investigations concerning fraud, unauthorized data access, misappropriation of trade secrets and data manipulation and destruction. Mazur has led large domestic and international technology projects relating to the forensic recovery and electronic discovery process of data demanded by subpoena and has forensically produced millions of pages of client data for critical privileged legal review.
Mazur has instructed federal, state and local law enforcement officers in conducting digital investigations and forensic analysis while an instructor for the Department of Defense, Cyber Crime Center and has conducted hundreds of investigations while a detective with the Metropolitan Police Department's Financial Investigations Unit in Washington, DC. He has received computer forensic training from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigations Division and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
He was recognized for his outstanding achievements by the U.S. Department of Justice at the 13th and 19th annual International Law Enforcement Awards and was nominated in 1998 for the U.S. Department of Justice Outstanding Achievement Award. Mazur is highly regarded as an expert witness in computer forensics and electronic discovery and has extensive experience testifying in U.S. courts. He received a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland.