200 East Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Areas of Expertise
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Expert Witness
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Liquidating Agent
- Litigation Support
- Plan Administrator
- Ponzi Schemes
- White Collar Crime
- Real Estate
- Chapter 11 Trustee of the jointly administered cases, Americore Holdings, LLC, et al. filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, Case No. 19-61608 [GSS]
- Financial Advisor to the Official Committee of Tort Claimants in the jointly administered cases, Imerys Talc America, Inc., et al. filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, Case No. 19-10289 (LSS)
- Interim CFO of a hospital system that includes a 500-bed academic medical center, a 200-bed children's hospital and affiliated practice groups.
- Testifying expert for the Department of Justice [DOJ] in re: Peabody Energy Corporation, et al. filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, Case No. 16-42529-399
- Bankruptcy Plan Administrator of the jointly administered cases, Sebring Management FL et al. filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, Case No. 8:15-bk-08589-CPM
- Damages expert in a billing dispute between a healthcare provider and an insurance company both of whom are listed on the Fortune 200.
- BS Accounting University of Florida
- 10 Years with Firm
- 35 Years of Relevant Experience
Carol Fox is a CPA with over 30 years of private and public accounting experience. For over twenty years, her practice has focused on providing fiduciary, restructuring, forensic and investigative services. Ms. Fox enjoys a diverse and dynamic practice. She has provided extensive advisory services for distressed situations both in and out of Court in the healthcare, life sciences, mining, education, e-commerce, and real estate sectors In addition, she has led high profile investigations of investment schemes, fraud investigations, internal corporate investigations, due diligence assignments and matters involving business disputes and quantification of damages.
Ms. Fox is a Subchapter V Trustee for the Southern District of Florida and is currently serving as Chapter 11 Trustee for Americore Holdings, LLC et al. in the Eastern District of Kentucky. Additionally, she has testified as an expert witness on numerous occasions in federal and state court including testifying as an expert for the Department of Justice in the chapter 11 bankruptcy of Peabody Energy, et al.
Ms. Fox graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. She is a CPA,* CIRA (Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor) and CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and has addressed numerous professional organizations on issues relating to bankruptcy, forensic accounting and distressed healthcare. In 2019, Carol was recognized as a Top U.S.A. Woman Dealmaker by the Global M&A Network. Currently, she serves on IWIRC-Florida's Board of Directors, representing the South Florida chapter. In 2021 she was recognized by the ABF Journal as one of the Top Women in Asset-Based Lending.