Areas of Expertise
- Damages & Lost Profit Analysis
- Expert Witness
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Fraud Risk Assessment
- Internal Investigations
- Litigation Support
- Ponzi Schemes
- Real Estate Fraud
- White Collar Crime
- Logistics / Wholesale
- BBA University of Miami School of Business
- JD University of Miami School of Law
- 30 Years of Relevant Experience
- Former LATAM Partner with EY for close to 30 years and leader of its forensic investigations and litigation support group for Latin America, Florida and the Caribbean
- Highly experienced in investigating complex financial fraud, corruption and bribery schemes (FCPA)
- Highly skilled in the preparation of economic damages models and delivery in Federal and State court jury trials
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Significant international experience
- Certified Public Accountant (Florida) and Member of the Florida Bar
Sergio Negreira specializes in providing and testifying on lost profit calculations, economic and market analysis, alternative dispute resolution in domestic and cross-border disputes as well as providing forensic investigative services, FCPA and fraud risk assessments.
Previously, Mr. Negreira was with Ernst Young for 28 years and served as Partner with the firm's Disputes and Forensics practice. He also served as practice leader for the Latin America Disputes & Forensics region as well as the country practice leader for the Central American region. Mr. Negreira also served as the QRM (Quality and Risk Management) leader for the Caribbean Disputes and Forensics practices.
Mr. Negreira has over 30 years of professional experience and has served clients in manufacturing, retail, hospitality, restaurant, construction, communications, healthcare, real estate, financial services and other industries. Mr. Negreira assists counsel for both Plaintiffs and Defendants by preparing and analyzing damage claims, providing written and oral expert testimony, preparing counsel for depositions of opposing experts, preparing settlement analyses and participating in settlement negotiations. He also assists parties in disputes by serving as neutral in arbitration proceedings. Mr. Negreira has assisted Fortune 100 corporations in cross-border disputes involving ownership, merger, acquisition and breach of distributorship agreements. He has been involved in the preparation of complex domestic and foreign business interruption and fidelity insurance claims in the manufacturing, health care, financial services and agricultural industries.
He has also investigated allegations stemming from suspected FCPA violations, management fraud, employee embezzlement, "ponzi" schemes, and fraudulent Medicare/Medicaid billing practices in the manufacturing, financial services, transportation, environmental and healthcare industries. Mr. Negreira also has experience in assisting financial services and trade/export clients in detecting and deterring elaborate money laundering schemes.
Mr. Negreira is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida and has been admitted to the Florida Bar. He is fluent in Spanish.