Areas of Expertise
- Turnarounds / Restructuring
- Chief Restructuring Officer
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Borrower & Lender Advisory
- Crisis Management
- M&A and Section 363 Sales
- Statutory and Ad Hoc Committees
- Fiduciary Services
- Real Estate
- Hurley International – Transaction and Transition Advisor to the acquiror Bluestar Alliance
- Waste-2-Energy Holdings – Chapter 11 Trustee; significant Isle of Man litigation victory
- Laurus Master Fund – FA to Joint Official Liquidator in wind-down of $1B hedge fund
- Agera Energy – FA to Debtor; successful Chapter 11 sale of major retail power provider
- Senior Care Centers – Investment banker to the Debtors
- Searchmetrics Inc – Chief Restructuring Officer for the U.S. subsidiary of a German internet search (SEO) leader
- CARBO Ceramics – Committee FA; Liquidating Trustee
- Empire Land – FA to Ch 7 Trustee in multi-year litigation
- AgFeed USA – FA to equity committee and to liquidating trustee
- BA Brandeis University
- MBA University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- 8 Years with Firm
- 30 Years of Relevant Experience
Wayne P. Weitz is a Certified Turnaround Professional with more than 30 years of experience in turnaround management, financial and operational restructuring, bankruptcy, mergers and acquisitions and complex bondholder litigation. His practice includes debtor and borrower advisory services, secured and unsecured creditor advisory services, offshore and cross-border insolvency, valuation, litigation support and statutory and ad hoc committees.
Wayne returned to B. Riley Advisory Services (formerly GlassRatner) after spending several years with other restructuring advisory and distressed investment banking firms. He originally joined the firm in 2008 and was one of the senior professionals who opened our initial New York office in 2009.
During his turnaround and restructuring career Wayne has focused on advising troubled companies and stakeholders in and out of bankruptcy in domestic and cross-border situations. Prior to becoming a restructuring professional, Wayne held positions in the corporate sector, where his responsibilities encompassed a range of activities including capital allocation, strategic planning, international acquisitions, valuation of potential acquisitions and investments and deal execution. He began his career as an investment banker and has completed nearly 100 acquisitions, dispositions and capital formation transactions.
Wayne is co-chair of the American Bankruptcy Institute's Complex Financial Restructuring Program, and is a former co-chair of the ABI's Financial Advisors and Investment Banking Committee. He is a board member of the New York chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, where he also serves as Membership Committee co-chair. He earned his BA from Brandeis University and his MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and holds the CTP designation. In addition, Wayne has earned his Intermediate Sommelier Certification from the National Wine School.