- Industrial Engineering, University of Buenos Aires
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- 2 Years with Firm
- 22 Years of Relevant Experience
Gaston is a seasoned executive with 20+ years of experience in leadership positions at firms in the Automotive, Financial Services, Real Estate, Agribusiness, and Industrial and Consumer markets in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. He currently serves on the Board of Directors and as a member of several committees for both private and public companies in the Financial Services and Agribusiness industries. He has extensive experience in Operational and Financial Restructuring and Turnarounds, Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestures, Corporate Finance as well as Capital Raising.
Throughout his career, Mauvezin has developed both in-depth functional expertise and a strong transactional acumen in the field. His outstanding achievements include:
- The reorganization of a major United States automotive OEM operation in South America for the manufacturing and distribution of cars and light trucks in Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela.
- The reorganization of a leading spirits manufacturer, which included disposing non-core assets (such as a cap manufacturing business and real estate properties) to focus on liquid and bottling capabilities.
- The turnaround and financial restructuring of a large housing developer during the Financial Crisis in 2008-09, including the renegotiation of credit lines in excess of $ 50 million and the reorganization of 13 projects.
- The IPO and subsequent follow-on capitalizations of Mexico's largest forestry corporation.
- The planning, capital raising, development and operation (from start up to market leader in just under 5 years) of the largest forestry-industrial investment in Mexico, an investment in excess of $200 million.
- The development of one of the largest regional forestry portfolios, spanning some 50,000 acres across Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Colombia, both through acquisitions, associations and green field developments.
- The post-merger integration process for the operation of a large multinational wine and spirits firm, allocating and integrating assets, brands, systems and teams to different acquirers.
Mauvezin holds an Industrial Engineering degree from the University of Buenos Aires and a Master in Business Administration from Harvard Business School. He is also a Certified Computer Programming Analyst. Mauvezin is fluent in Spanish and English.