Automotive Dealerships & Retail
Represented more than 100 dealerships and generated sales proceeds in excess of $500 million
Since the 1970s, our professionals have been working with automobile and truck dealerships in all areas of business — including buying and selling, raising of capital for dealers, restructuring of debt for dealers (including bankruptcy services), and fraud detection. We've represented more than 100 dealerships and generated sales proceeds in excess of $500 million on behalf of our clients.
In 2019, B. Riley ran the largest and most complex receiverships in the country. These cases included Momentum Auto Group and Fenton Motors. There were 24 dealerships in three states in these three matters. Our professionals monetized more than 2,500 cars, provided interim management services for the dealerships that were still operating, and generated more than $15M in goodwill from the sale of dealerships that were shuttered prior to our appointment.
In addition, one of our professionals achieved the highest price ever paid for a Chapter 11 Jaguar-Rover dealer, generating more than $9M in goodwill.
SOLUTIONS & RESOURCES
Dealership & Retail Capabilities
- Buy and Sell-Side M&A
- Real Estate Services; Purchase, Sale, Refinance, and 1031 Exchanges
- Assist with Tax-efficiency of Transactions
- Valuations of Dealerships
- Turnaround, Profit Improvement, and Interim Management of all Departments
- Capital Raising including Debt, Mezzanine, and Equity for Dealers
- Debt Restructuring
- Bankruptcy Advisory Services