Operations Management Services
Navigating Companies Through Transition
Our team has earned the reputation of being one of few groups that truly understands and can fix troubled operations with repeatable, consistent and demonstrable results for almost 30 years. Our experienced professionals provide solutions based on three pillars of successful businesses: Strategic, Capital and People. We work with companies to improve their profitability, cash flow and enterprise value. Our team is committed to active, hands-on involvement in all phases of analysis, planning, implementation, operational turnaround, project management and investment.
We are comfortable working at all levels of any organization
- from the board room to shop floor - in fact, it's our greatest competitive
advantage. We are not "Advisors to CEOs", but "CEOs who advise and implement". Our seasoned professionals have held CEO, CFO,
COO, CIO, CTO and CMO positions for our clients. We are specialists in due
diligence, acquisitions, executive management, launch coordination, lean six
sigma design and implementation, purchasing and inventory management, and
quality systems. Our goal is to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions
that help clients excel in today's competitive business environment while
meeting short and long-term needs.
years of experience
- Experience in a multitude of industries and skill sets
- Understand what it takes to be successful from an operational perspective, be it manufacturing services or other industries
- Know the importance of systems and technology and how to leverage both to make companies prosper
- Early innovators of lean manufacturing and lean healthcare
- Diversified team that has been successful in implementing necessary change
- Developed a systematic approach for creating value on behalf of our clients, which has delivered substantial results
- 450 engagements throughout the world, including the U.S., Canada, South America, Europe, Southeast Asia and China
- Helped our clients save numerous jobs because of the stability we established
- Saved companies billions of dollars across a wide range of industries
Self-Funding Method Delivers Quick Returns to the Bottom Line
Our four-step method is a logical and orderly approach that delivers quick returns, involves low risk, contains simple solutions, gains employee support and is customer focused. As a result of these benefits, clients have referred to this approach as being a "self-funding" method.
We have had many successful engagements across a diverse set of markets and industries, including:
Light and Heavy Trucks
Machinery and Equipment
Aerospace and Defense
Furniture, Steel, Wood, Plastic
Food & Beverage
Pulp, Paper & Packaging
Mining & Mineral Processing
Technology / Process Experience
- Metal Fabrication
- Injection Molding
- Casting and Forging
- Plastic, Rubber, Aluminum
- Powdered Metal
- One-Piece Flow
- Lean Manufacturing
- Kaizen Training / Facilitation
- Kanban / Pull Systems
- QS9000 / TS16949 Training
- Inventory Management
- Production Control / Scheduling
"We would not have been able to work our way through the consolidation and eventual
sale of the business without the help of this Team"
CEO, $1.5 billion steel supplier to automotive industry
"This group helped increase EBITDA from -5% to +9% in 9 months for a troubled
division I was responsible for. I will continue to use them in the future to help me solve
complex operating issues"
CEO, $2 billion Tier 1 Auto Supplier
"You guys have an operational niche that no Big Firm can provide"
Executive VP, Bank of America
"B. Riley's Four-Step Methodology is the most effective method for sustainable EBITDA
I have seen in operational improvements"
Founder & Managing Partner, $3 billion PE Fund
"This Team of professionals helped us reduce our operating cost by $23 million in 5
months to keep us running during sale of our business during a difficult time for our
CFO, Tier 1 heavy truck supplier
"The B. Riley Team has the depth and breadth of knowledge to solve operating
challenges that many companies struggle with. They are some of the most professional
people I have worked with in my career, they deliver great value"
Managing Director, The Carlyle Group