Department / Location: Ops / NY
Date Revised: July 2018
Position Summary: Responsible for supervising all aspects of brokerage operations for rapidly growing institutional broker-dealer.
- Oversee regionally dispersed operations team in a variety of tasks related to the trade and settlement of fixed income and equity securities.
- Supervise and monitor daily trade activity from trade date to settlement to ensure proper settlement of all transactions.
- Liaise and coordinate between traders, salespeople, branches, internal departments, clearing firms and clients.
- Monitor trade breaks and exceptions and reconcile complex settlement issues across multiple trading applications in a prompt and courteous fashion.
- Work with accounting depart to ensure commission and trading P&L are allocated to proper sales and trading books.
- Ensure that all new account and wire documentation meets all federal AML standards.
- Oversee the receipt and delivery of securities, including restricted and physical securities accurately and efficiently and in accordance with firm policies and procedures.
- Provide on-going training and support to staff and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and approve reports and special projects for C-suite executives.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Series 24 license required. A Series 53 Municipal Supervisor license is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experienced Institutional Securities Operations with 5+ years of team management, performance and leadership skills.
- Experience with Bloomberg Trade Order Management Systems (TOMS); proficient Bloomberg user; strong Word and Excel skills; working knowledge of NFS desired.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- A high degree of initiative, motivation, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team.
To apply, please click here.