We are seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Supervisor to work in our Woodland Hills office.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will assist in ensuring accurate recording and timely processing of vendor / consulting invoices and employee expense reports for disbursement. This position resides in the Corporate AP function and reports to the Corporate Accounts Payable Manager within B. Riley Financial, Inc. at our Woodland Hills office.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Accounts Payable Manager in all activities in the Corporate AP function.
- Ensure timely payment of vendor / consulting invoices and employee expense reports and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Maintain employee American Express Corporate Card programs, manage spend limits, monitor cardholder activities and prepare monthly statement reconciliations.
- Examine records of amounts due and makes sure invoices are paid according to terms while optimizing payment method and discounts.
- Maintain employee expense reimbursement processes ensuring timely processing, review, and payment of expense reports along with employee compliance with company’s reimbursement policy.
- Ensure timely invoice processing, approval verification and expense coding.
- Assist in the review month end journal entries, AP sub-ledger reconciliation to the general ledger and closing process.
- Ensure compliance with established accounting procedures as well as Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls.
- Resolve discrepancies, concerns, questions and problems raised by employees, vendors and/or management.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of the vendor master files and W-9 / W-8BEN-E tax information.
- Assist in the annual Form 1099-misc preparation and processing.
- Interface with department heads to ensure compliance and understanding and adherence with AP policies and procedures.
- Assist with supervision, training and development of AP specialists within the accounts payable function.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years accounts payable experience; public company experience desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the financial cycle and month end close process.
- Payables system experience with knowledge of major ERPs, NetSuite preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, 10-key by touch.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate with management and all departments across the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and vendors.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of accounts payable systems, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounts payable records and reports.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices and accepted office procedures.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.