We are seeking a full-time Corporate Staff Accountant with a minimum of two-years’ experience to work in our Corporate Headquarters. The successful candidate will report directly to the Assistant Controller. The position entails assisting the accounting/finance department with month-end close, providing support in compiling financial information, and completing special projects.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and prepare general ledger account reconciliations, analyze monthly account activity, and post related journal entries.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to understand nature and account coding of expenses and impact to general ledger.
- Communicate with internal business partners for month-end accruals.
- Assist in maintaining cash, prepaids, fixed asset and accrual accounting processes and ensuring appropriate accounting recording and treatment.
- Assist in review of monthly financial statements for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist management with audits, research inquiries, prepare schedules, and generate reports.
- Process assigned tasks timely and in accordance with daily requirements and monthly close schedule.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish accounting department and organizational goals by completing tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum two-years of relevant work experience in accounting.
- Must possess a good understanding of the general ledger close process and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365; Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP / financial system; NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities as a team member and be deadline driven.
- Self-starter with good communication skills; deadline oriented with good time management and organizational skills.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.